Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Fast food around here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    We were on our way home from Georgia last week. And we were going through South Carolina. We stopped in Columbia at a McDonaals and it was terrible. People that worked the registers were over there, not busy and seeing this many customers, just stood there.

    I work part time myself at fast food and I understand how it can get but that's just ridiculous.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    couple weeks ago we were on our way to see my sister and mom 2 hrs away. We stoped in at Hardee's here in Norton. Places our order. it took 20 minutes for me to finally ask to speak to the manager. I had to ask twice before she talked to me and I filled out the little card's you place into the box and NO ONE from Hardees' has ever contacted me. I think it just isn't local that doesn't care, I think it is corporate.

    Yes, I have had a lot of trouble with Taco Bell getting the order right as of late and a couple weeks ago I went to McDonalds in Wise for a big breakfast with the pancakes and they didn't give any syrup. I had to turn around and go to to store just to buy syrup to eat my breakfast.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    what pisses me off the most about taco bell is that i've been by a few times late night, after 12, and there may be one other person in front of me in the drive thru, and they still can't get your order right..
    one thing that gets me more than them screwing my order up is when they don't give me a fork, then you have to go back through the drive thru, wait 15 minutes, then get your fork, and by then your food is cold..i've actually had them give me new food before b/c of that..and then they let ya keep your first order cause they won't take it back once it's out the window! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/007.gif[/img]
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  4. #4
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    was the manager a short little red headed ummm woman?
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    [ QUOTE ]
    was the manager a short little red headed ummm woman?

    [/ QUOTE ]
    no, not a red head
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    I've had my problem with the Hardees in Norton. Last summer I was helping some family with a fireworks stand in Norton and before I went over to the stand I stopped at the drive thru at breakfast and ordered an omlet biscuit and some orange juice. Well I was at the speaker where they take your order for 10 minutes before they took it and after that it took about that long to get the order to me.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    Hardees is the slowest [censored] place in the world to get food.

    I was talking to Pal Barger one time about the efficency of Pals. He said their goal was to get their food done and in the bag for each customer in 22 seconds from the time the order is placed. Thats amazing.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    [ QUOTE ]

    I was talking to Pal Barger one time about the efficency of Pals. He said their goal was to get their food done and in the bag for each customer in 22 seconds from the time the order is placed. Thats amazing.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Pals = The best fast-food restaurant I've ever eaten at. EVER. You simply can't beat that place -- they're fast as hell and the food is magnificent.
    Officially retired

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    I had a bad experience with a McDs in SC as well. I was on my way from Columbia to Blacksburg and stopped at some tiny little town to get one of those fruit and walnut salads. When I finally got it- the fruit was rotten and the walnut was actually a bag of granola. I complained online at their website and explained that I didn't know the name of the town, just the exit number off I-77. McDs refused to do anything about it unless I could give them the exact name of the town. A nice email apology would've been better than a "we aren't going to do anything about this without a town name"


  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fast food around here

    Surely they'd be able to identify the town if ya gave them the exit number on I-77.

    That was a bad McDonalds.

    This isn't fast food what I'm talking about but a few years ago we were on our way home from Virginia Beach and we stopped in Richmond to eat at the Golden Corral and the girl asking us what we wanted to drink at the register acted like she didn't understand me when I told her what I wanted. All me family wanted a diet coke so I told her I wanted regular coke so she wouldn't get confused and think I meant diet and she asked me to repeat it like 5 times and she finally got it after that.

    There's one drive thru in Kingsport I really like. My cousin owns it and I'm not being biased but they make good burgers. Purple Cow.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •